Skip to content
Crafting Your Artist Business Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide | Art Business Journal
- Artist Business Plan | An Artist Business Plan (whether it’s for an artist, interior designer, landscaper, or restauranteur), is a document that sets out your future objectives and strategies for achieving them, usually within 1-5 years. Here’s where you lay out your mission, vision, and goals, how you will achieve them, what resources you will need, and how you’ll know you’ve succeeded. A solid artist business plan provides an accurate assessment of your creative product (your artwork) and the market research to show the demand for your work — who will buy it. Financing your business is an essential part of the plan to identify various forms of revenue, anticipated expenses, and ways you can secure money upfront if needed. Finally, an artist business plan will detail actionable strategies and metrics for growing and sustaining your business in the short- and long-term.
- Artist Relief Project | An initiative to help artists, musicians, and performers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Any individual artist in any discipline whose income has been impacted by COVID19-related cancellations and closures may apply for emergency relief and support.
- The Lillian Orlowsky and William Freed Grant | The Lillian Orlowsky and William Freed Grant is awarded annually to under-recognized American painters over the age of 45 who demonstrate financial need.
- The Painter’s Secret Geometry by Charles Bouleau | A richly illustrated examination of visual arts in the European tradition. It shows how the great masters employed the “golden mean” and other geometrical patterns to compose their paintings.
- Interaction of Color by Josef Albers | A masterwork in art education. Conceived as a handbook and teaching aid for artists, instructors, and students, this influential book presents Albers’s singular explanation of complex color theory principles.
- The Geometry of Art and Life by Matila Ghyka | For the philosopher, scientist, archaeologist, art historian, biologist, poet, and artist as well as the general reader who wants to understand more about the fascinating properties of numbers and geometry, and their relationship to art and life, this is a thought-provoking book.
- Barnstone Studios Drawing Systems | Refine and enhance your drawing technique under the instruction of Myron Barnstone, an internationally renowned artist and founder of the acclaimed Barnstone Studios School of Art.
- Gallerypouch.com | Premium line of bubble bags that help protect artwork for shipping, or short and long-term storage. Sealed on three sides, they can be used to protect virtually any item you might normally protect with bubble wrap.
- Posespace.com | Figure Drawing Photos. Choose from a huge collection of expertly crafted photos for figure drawing, painting, and sculpting. Create Amazing Art.
- Met Publications | Five decades of Met Publications on art history, available to read, download, and/or search for free.
- Free Sound Effects & Royalty Free Music | Zapsplat.com is designed for creatives of every industry, from YouTube creators, filmmakers, podcasters, game developers and more. Used by over 1 million people worldwide.
- Egg Tempera Movement | Striving to motivate and inspire interest among art collectors and the public in new and original works of fine art created in the genuine egg tempera technique.